The SMS Gap Analysis
TACG can conduct SMS Gap Analyses for all types of aviation organizations. A Gap Analysis (basically an SMS audit) is used in the initial stages of SMS implementation, as well as during the lifetime of the SMS, to measure the difference between where the organization IS, and where it needs to BE, in order to continuously ensure that all of the SMS elements are functioning as intended. All aviation operators strive to achieve Phase 4 SMS compliance, which is the highest level of SMS implementation.
TACG can provide an objective, third-party Gap Analysis during any, and all phases, of your aviation organization's SMS implementation process.
The Gap Analysis Process
Our execution strategy incorporates proven methodologies, extremely qualified personnel, and a highly responsive approach to managing deliverables.
Our process begins with a brief “kickoff” meeting, which will serve as a formal introduction of all involved parties, as well as a summary of expectations. Following the kickoff meeting, the TACG auditor will begin the independent Gap Analysis process. Upon completion of the Gap Analysis, we will conclude with a debriefing meeting, where the TACG auditor will discuss the Gap Analysis outcomes and preliminary results.
After the debriefing meeting, and upon return to the auditor's home location, the TACG auditor will analyze the results and write a comprehensive report of Gap Analysis findings and recommendations. The report will be confidential and provided only to the client, which can then be distributed by the client as needed, or required, for further action.
Our SMS Gap Analysis provides a comprehensive snapshot of the current state of the organization's SMS. If the organization would like assistance in resolving any Gap Analysis findings, TACG can provide guidance on a consulting basis.
Gap Analysis Specifics (what we do)
- Conduct the Gap Analysis, based on the 4 elements of safety and their sub-components (Safety Policy, Safety Risk Management, Safety Assurance, and Safety Promotion)
- Interviews (the Gap Analysis process may include casual safety discussions with employees)
- Observations (the Gap Analysis process may include observations to see how safety processes are working in the practical environment)
- Analysis (a full analysis of the Gap Analysis findings)
- Comprehensive Report (a professionally written, unbiased, detailed report of the entire Gap Analysis process)
- Recommendations (to close the "gaps")
- Optional Assistance (for an additional fee, TACG can provide consulting assistance to help close the "gaps")
TACG typically conducts audits onsite at customer locations. However, due to the current Covid situation, if onsite is not an option, we may be able to conduct virtual audits. Please indicate onsite or virtual preference when requesting a quote.
To request a quote