Business Aviation/Charter LOSA
The Line Operations Safety Audit (LOSA) program started years ago in the airline industry and has been a highly successful safety tool in airlines' Safety Management Systems. Based on the successful airline LOSA model, LOSA programs are available today for many other types of operations, including business aviation and air charter operators (including Parts 135 and 91K).
LOSA is a proactive, formal process that requires expert and highly trained observers to observe operations in real-time and to collect safety-related data on environmental conditions, operational complexity, and human performance on the flightdeck. Numerous internal (company) and external (environmental) threats exist in the business aviation and air charter environments. These threats can be due to weather, delays, maintenance, procedures, and more. LOSA is an ideal way to identify these threats and understand flightcrew responses. LOSA also reveals how errors and undesired aircraft states are managed by flightcrews.
LOSA is not a checkride or a line check. LOSA is confidential and nonpunitive. LOSA is conducted by a non-threatening company employee (typically another pilot) who rides in the jumpseat taking notes on what is happening during the course of a normal flight. Once all the data are collected, then a report is written and recommendations are made to management to both reinforce the positives and improve the negatives. LOSA enables organizations to manage threats and errors so that those threats and errors do not turn into accidents and incidents in the future. With LOSA, you are being predictive—which is the ultimate form of proactive safety!
LOSA Services Offered
- LOSA Training Course for Observers and Steering Committee
- LOSA Software
- LOSA Flat-Fee Implementation Package (using your own company observers)
- Continuous Support From the TACG LOSA Team (included with LOSA package)
- Preliminary Assistance With Setting up Your LOSA Program (included with LOSA package)
- Assistance With Company (internal) Observer Calibration Checks (included with LOSA package)
- Data Cleaning and Integrity Check Assistance (included with LOSA package)
- Data Analysis and Report Writing (included with LOSA package)
- Presentation of Findings and Delivery of Final Report to the Steering Committee (included with LOSA package)
To request a quote