A Line Operations Safety Audit (LOSA) is a proactive, formal process that requires expert and highly trained observers to observe operations in real-time and to collect safety-related data on environmental conditions, operational complexity, and human performance in the cabin. Numerous threats exist in the cabin. These threats can emanate from passengers, equipment, procedures, and more. LOSA is an ideal way to identify these threats and understand cabin crew responses. LOSA also reveals how errors and undesired cabin states are managed by the cabin crew.
LOSA has been hugely successful on the flight deck and now is the time to incorporate LOSA into the cabin. Airlines that have a Flight LOSA program in conjunction with a Cabin LOSA program will be able to obtain a complete picture of flight deck and cabin operations. They will see how the flightdeck interfaces with the cabin and the cabin with the flightdeck.
LOSA is confidential and nonpunitive and is not a compliance audit. LOSA is conducted by a non-threatening company employee (typically other cabin crewmembers) who take notes on what is happening during the course of normal cabin activities. Once all the data are collected, then a report is written and recommendations are made to management to both reinforce the positives and improve the negatives. LOSA enables organizations to manage threats and errors so that those threats and errors do not turn into accidents and incidents in the future. With LOSA, you are being predictive—which is the ultimate form of proactive safety!
LOSA Services Offered
- LOSA Training Course for Observers and Steering Committee
- LOSA Software
- LOSA Flat-Fee Implementation Package (using your own company observers)
- Continuous Support From the TACG LOSA Team (included with LOSA package)
- Preliminary Assistance With Setting up Your LOSA Program (included with LOSA package)
- Assistance With Company (internal) Observer Calibration Checks (included with LOSA package)
- Data Cleaning and Integrity Check Assistance (included with LOSA package)
- Data Analysis and Report Writing (included with LOSA package)
- Presentation of Findings and Delivery of Final Report to the Steering Committee (included with LOSA package)
To request a quote