A Line Operations Safety Audit (LOSA) is a proactive, formal process that requires expert and highly trained observers to observe operations in real-time and to collect safety-related data on environmental conditions, operational complexity, and human performance on the airport ramp. Numerous threats exist in the airport environment. These threats can emanate from weather, delays, pressure, procedures, and more. LOSA is an ideal way to identify these threats and understand ramp crew responses. LOSA also reveals how errors and undesired states are managed by the ramp workers.
LOSA is confidential and nonpunitive and is not a compliance audit. LOSA is conducted by a non-threatening company employee (typically another ramp worker) who takes notes on what is happening during the course of normal ramp activities. Once all the data are collected, then a report is written and recommendations are made to management to both reinforce the positives and improve the negatives. LOSA enables organizations to manage threats and errors so that those threats and errors do not turn into accidents and incidents in the future. With LOSA, you are being predictive—which is the ultimate form of proactive safety!
LOSA Services Offered
- LOSA Training Course for Observers and Steering Committee
- LOSA Software
- LOSA Flat-Fee Implementation Package (using your own company observers)
- Continuous Support From the TACG LOSA Team (included with LOSA package)
- Preliminary Assistance With Setting up Your LOSA Program (included with LOSA package)
- Assistance With Company (internal) Observer Calibration Checks (included with LOSA package)
- Data Cleaning and Integrity Check Assistance (included with LOSA package)
- Data Analysis and Report Writing (included with LOSA package)
- Presentation of Findings and Delivery of Final Report to the Steering Committee (included with LOSA package)
To request a quote